"Don't ever judge a book by its cover. I never do. You never know what's out there and if people really are who they say they are."

"To handle yourself, use your head;
to handle others, use your heart!"

"I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person." - Audrey Hepburn

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Well, it's over :)

So I can use technology freely now :)

But you know what? I kind of think about it now. It is truly insane on how much we rely on technology. I think of Bark, I think of Culture Jam, and Feed and how I do NOT want to be like those kids in Feed!!

Well, me and my friend Ali went to the gym on Thursday, my last day to keep away from technology. She went right toward the elyptical and treadmill. I'm thinking, um that's technologyyy, so I headed over to stretch and maybe run around the court. She joined me soon after, laughing at me because of how seriously I was attempting to take the project. We ran for a little, and then decided to do a Zumba and Kick Boxing class. It was actually really fun, and pretty amusing because of how out of shape we were!

Honestly, running in general, and running on an operated machine are definitely different.

We are now going to zumba Wendesday and Thursday nights :) and perhaps kick boxing, maybe. Haha :)

Anyway, throughout this whole experience I have definitely become more AWARE. That would truly define my learning experience, ultimately.

I attended Bark's funeral, this Saturday in Malvern, PA. I told my Bria (Bark's daughter) all about my NON-technology experience, and she laughed and said, "yeap, that's Bark for ya!"

I admire his decision deeply, honestly.

All in all, this wasn't as hard as it sounded. I definitely benefited. I can honestly say I actually APPLIED myself more with my homework, found two new hobbies at the gym:), and just have a whole different approach.

Let's not let technology control us, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment