"Don't ever judge a book by its cover. I never do. You never know what's out there and if people really are who they say they are."

"To handle yourself, use your head;
to handle others, use your heart!"

"I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person." - Audrey Hepburn

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

no technology number two

Yesterday morning, my best friend's step-dad died from cancer. I have known the family since kindergarten, and it was definitely a devastation. We have so many memories of him taking us for rides on the tractor when we were little, and as we got a little older taking us to the mall and movies or wherever really, and recently just being there, as we'd run throughout the house getting ready or whatever, and always having such a positive attitude. Disregarding making fun of how long we took to get ready, of course.

Anyway, why does this relate to anything?

Bark died from a natural death. He did not want radiation treatment, or chemo treatment. That was just not what him nor his family believed it. It just wasn't part of their culture. It just wasn't, an option.

As I think of what I'm attempting to do, complaining and having all my friends laugh when I go to turn my hair straightener on, and they turn it off, it actually isn't SO bad.

I respect Bark's decision. It's his life, his decision.

So for me doing this for a week, hey, it isn't so bad.




RIP Bark Cantrell, you will be missed by many <3

No comments:

Post a Comment