"Don't ever judge a book by its cover. I never do. You never know what's out there and if people really are who they say they are."

"To handle yourself, use your head;
to handle others, use your heart!"

"I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person." - Audrey Hepburn

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Reality

After watching the Brave New World movie clip in class today, this is starting to seem more real. Like this could actually happen...

At first honestly I thought Clockwork Orange was insane, Feed was just out there and Culture Jam was sarcastically truthful. It seems as though each of the novels have grown to become more realistic. Like Feed's Violet, Fahrenheit 451 also had a character that wanted out of this new world. Clarisse as well as Violet resembled previous generations, a dislike toward technology, and an appreciation toward nature.

It is ultimately horrible how it seems like violence contributes toward the use of technology. It truly does. In example, the Brave New World clip proves this. The newscaster stated "parents want to know if there is any technology that can help with kidnappings." "Kids can't even play in the front yard."

There is now a "solution" to this problem. A computerized chip implanted in children with a tracking device. What the heck! I mean, terribly enough, this seems like a decent idea for parents who have experienced their child being kidnapped. To the world who has not experienced it, it might seem crazy. There is just so much violence now, it's clearly pathetic.

Why can't everyone just be good?

2 comments:

  1. That is the question of the ages! Why can't everyone be good? Sadly I feel I will not see world peace realized in my generation. Its a nice thought though. I agree that it is indeed scary with all the big brother similarities in today's society.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess the definition of good cahnges from individual to individual! But yet there has to be a line. I also think that the government is getting to be a lot like big brother. Before too long, the government will be watching our every move, but yet, if we have nothing to hide, then why should that bother us?

    ReplyDelete