"Don't ever judge a book by its cover. I never do. You never know what's out there and if people really are who they say they are."

"To handle yourself, use your head;
to handle others, use your heart!"

"I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person." - Audrey Hepburn

Friday, April 16, 2010

Could it happen?

So as I was reading the rest of the book last weekend, my boyfriend glanced over to see the book and stated "that book is the stupidest book I've ever read."

That is clearly false, because I doubt he actually read the book. I just continued reading, ignoring it basically. Although honestly, I'm sure a lot of people think the same thing. Are we denying that this could happen? Or do we actually just not think it could happen...

Could it happen?

I was definitely in suspense as Montag was running away, and finally outsmarted the media. This was clearly hard to do.

It honestly scares me, each of the novels portrays a different interpretation of futuristic scares.

I was thinking, is this seclusion and destroying of books that is trying to keep people all the same actually attempting to prevent violence? I mean, it sounds crazy, yet think about it.

If everyone thinks the same, there would be no argument, no actual varying opinion. Everyone would think the same, so what would there be to fight about?

However, I could be completely wrong.

I know when I meet someone who's just like me, in any way or anything I honestly don't like them. Opposite's attract? I mean, my friends are a lot like me, but not JUST like me or anything. Egh.

Strange theory?

2 comments:

  1. Maybe we do have a society in denial about censorship. I believe the fact that the reason this happens is because many have strayed away from a love of reading. Everyone wants instant information in picture format or the condensed version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it does not happen. The older I get, the more I enjoy reading books.

    ReplyDelete