"Don't ever judge a book by its cover. I never do. You never know what's out there and if people really are who they say they are."

"To handle yourself, use your head;
to handle others, use your heart!"

"I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person." - Audrey Hepburn

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Fahrenheit 451

So far, Fahrenheit 451 isn't a bad book. I've been meaning to read it for a while, I've always been curious as to what it was truly about.

It seems as though each of the novels so far have the same moral and theme, although express different negative hypothesis toward what the future holds. It's a tad scary.

With Fahrenheit 451, the fireman don't put out fires, they start them. They burn books, seems almost scared of nature, and let technology control their minds. The most odd, is the burning book part which makes this different among the previous books.

Mildred even attempts to kill herself, as all the woman does is sit in her chair surrounded by 3 TVs that appear to be taken over the wall... that's awful.

These people all seem lifeless. I mean, that's what they have in each book. Lifeless. Technology does this for us that we don't need to do, therefore making it "easier." However, I beg to differ. This is poison.

All in all, I'm curious to the ending. Will this be like the others?

3 comments:

  1. I am curious to know the ending as well but sadly I feel that it is going to end badly. I can't imagine how Montag can escape the hole that he has dug for himself unscathed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading your blog I picked up on how the suicide may be Ray Bradburys way of connecting a world without books to a world where people are unhappy. When we cannot think for ourselves we lose our connections to ourselves. Never really thought of it in this way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book in the beginning has always hinted that Montag had books, but whenever he does tell Mildred about them is when everything goes downhill! I also have a feeling that Montag is going to be in a heck of a mess, because at the end of part 2, they (firemen) arrived at his house to burn it!

    ReplyDelete