"Don't ever judge a book by its cover. I never do. You never know what's out there and if people really are who they say they are."

"To handle yourself, use your head;
to handle others, use your heart!"

"I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person." - Audrey Hepburn

Monday, March 29, 2010

Violence

After reading into more of the novel "A Clockwork Orange," I've come to understand it more. However, I still really do not like it.

But I've come to the conclusion that this is life. I mean, violence just honestly seems to be everywhere. Why do serial killers do what they do? Why do people rape? Why do people fight/ yell/ do anything they do? I think I've thought too far into this, however it makes sense.

After more intense group discussion this week. I honestly wonder if power is truly the answer. I honestly beg to differ. After reading Culture Jam and Feed and watching the clip Killing Us Softley, it seems as though people are just BORED. I mean, clearly this is not the core reason, however it strongly contributes! I mean, in Feed the first sentance states the the MOON was BORING!

I wouldn't think the moon would be boring... but hey that's me. And that's my generation.

This is Alex's generation. I sure as heck hope we do not turn into this. I mean, violence as a hobby.

Does anyone agree?

Also, as I told my group members in class. I thought it was truly ironic about how Alex could see what he saw about himself, and then turn around and say he was in a gang. It seems like people don't learn, they'll just go out and do it again.

One day last summer, my dad caught a man attempting to steal things out of our shed. They caught the man and put him and jail. The police told my dad that they'd seen people like that man all the time, that they would just steal and go to jail, take a break there eat some food, and then get out of jail and do it again!

What the heck.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree. Alex and his gang just do the violence like we would go to the movies. It's like a thing they do all the time, and the sad thing is that they do it for fun! The thing that I was curious about in the novel, was whether Alex would have felt sorry and sick if he wouldn't have been drugged. If he would have watched those films in his normal state of mind, would it have changed his opinion? Its hard to tell, but I was glad that Alex did finally turn into a nice actual human!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! yea i do know that there is evil eveywhere. It just how are you going to go against the evil things that are occuring in the world today! I do the opposite i say hello to everyone i try and help when ever I can to show that there is still good in the world and you dont have to search high and low to find it.

    ReplyDelete